If you’re a mum and a highly sensitive person, you might find that you’ve been carrying a lot of anxiety, maybe more than normal, over the last two years! I certainly have!
I’ve put together a little list of a few things that help ME, and I hope they help you too. 💖
1. Focus on your breathing to help clear your mind. Breathe in for a count of four, and breathe out for seven.
2. Make a list of what’s on your mind as things come up, and set aside ten minutes to deal with them at the end of the day, rather than worrying throughout the day about all the little niggles.
3. Create anchors of calm using your senses. Maybe a relaxing aromatherapy blend to smell, or have photos to hand that fill you with happiness. Create a playlist of uplifting music that makes you feel good, or affirmations you can use when your anxiety starts to get the better of you.
4. Think about what you CAN control. Sometimes it’s overwhelming when we focus on all the things in the world that are going on when we can’t do anything about them. Try and focus on creating comforting routines and rhythms in your own life.
5. Avoid stressful programs on TV, especially the news. This goes for your newsfeed on social media too.
6. In fact, put your phone away and have a digital detox. Remove all the social media apps and just check them when you’re on your laptop. That way you’re not constantly checking in and getting distracted or feeling anxious.
7. Fresh air and movement can be transformational for anxiety. Get out in nature and ground yourself, really focusing on the present moment.
8. Have an organised morning routine and a relaxing evening routine. When you have less little decisions to make, like what to eat, what to wear, where you put your keys etc, it reduces your stress.
9. Always my favourite tip… submerging in water works wonders. It doesn’t need to be the sea, although that is magical (when it’s not freezing!) but the swimming pool, the hydrotherapy pool or even the bath can be so calming for your nervous system.
Which is your favourite tip? 💗 Feel free to hit save and come back to them later.